A fun-filled day for the entire family:
- Open house party at the beautiful lakeside home of Dan & Karen Markham
- Delicious barbecue luncheon with drinks and dessert
- Beer and wine available
- Scenic boat ride on spectacular Lake Granby
- Musical treat by the 4-piece Jazz Hands Foundation Band
- Silent Auction
- Variety of activities including, fishing, relaxing on the lakeshore, volleyball, horseshoes and cornhole.
- Art activity for the kids
- Engaging presentation by Arok Garang, a former “Lost Boy of Sudan”, as he recounts his compelling life story and the success of his mission to rescue orphan children from a refugee camp and provide them with a nurturing home life and an education.
Don’t miss our special guest speaker at 4 p.m. Arok Garang will share his harrowing story as a “Lost Boy of Sudan.” At the age of 7 he escaped genocide and walked over 1000 miles, encountering despair and danger before reaching Kakuma Refugee Camp. After emigrating to the US, Arok founded Seeds of South Sudan. In 11 years, more than 100 South Sudanese have been sponsored and 46 have graduated from high schools in Kenya.
When: Saturday, August 14, 2021
Where: 246 CO CR 640, Granby CO 80446
Time: 1-4 pm: Open House, 4-5 pm: Presentation by Arok Garang
Hosted by: Dan and Karen Markham. If you have any questions, please call Karen at (303) 548-9342.
Come enjoy a wonderful day on the lake and lend your support to Seeds of South Sudan.